Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

It has been just over 3 yrs since I formally resigned from my previous employment because they caused my current disability of severe anxiety disorder and I couldn't go back. I was granted full disability in June of this year. I had given thought to suing them before now, but fear of blowing more circuits in my head has prevented me from doing so. Now, my previous employer is coming after me because they paid me family leave, vacation, and sick pay that I hadn't earned yet.

I've just read that it can be tolled if the party is disabled and lacked capacity during the cause of actionís accrual. I'm still not at a point where I could handle going through this ordeal with them, but could I still sue them? Thank-you

Asked on 10/02/13, 6:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vel Belushin Belushin Law Firm P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since not all of your medical information is not up here, nor should it be, the answer can be best be given in a consultation. Most employment lawyers have a free consultation so make an appointment very soon and discuss it with them.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now