Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

Hi I was walking my dog on the sidewalk when I passed a neighbors house that their dog was not on a leash. The dog ran out past the sidewalk and I was force to go into the street I fell and ripped the skin off my right knee. The home owner was not home at the time but to extended family members were. The woman immediately said I don't live here and said are you ok. I had to go to immediate care get my knee cleaned out also had doctor aspts for the infection in the area. I have pictures of my knee from that day I also have pictures that a friend took who is a homicide detective and works as a private investigator as well as picture on my iPhone.

I sent the neighbor my bills and they are refusing to pay saying that their relatives said I was walking in the street. This is totally untrue. I still have a scar and have about 500 in bills that I have to pay because I didn't meet my deductible. Is there anything I can do ?

SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN LAW OFFICES OF SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN, ESQ.,

Small Claims Court.

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Agree with my colleague above. This is a perfect case to bring in Small Claims Court or in your local village or town court. The costs will be minimal and the case will be handled swiftly.

Good luck!

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York