New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/08/98, 11:05 pm

How Do I Evict A Troublesome Tenant?

I have a tenant who has been renting an apartment from me for the last two years. From day one she has been nothing but trouble: 1) She is consistently late with the rent (she still owes half of the rent for 9/97 and hasn't payed her rent for 1/98 yet) 2) She refuses to abide by the recycling laws of New York State. As a result, I have been forced to separate her garbage in order to avoid getting fined. 3) She fills her hallway corridor w/shoes, carriages, etc despite having politely asked her many times to remove them 4) She has defaced and made holes in the walls of her apt etc.

I am sick and tired and want her out ASAP!!! What should I do? Please respond. I am in dire need of assistance!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search