Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I live in New York State...

I have a mortgaged home, I am the principle borrower, but my boyfriend's name is also on mortgage. Do I need his permission to sell the home?

Asked on 9/23/13, 11:46 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If BF's name is on the mortgage then he's probably on the deed, too. You can sell your half but to sell the whole house you need him to sign the contract and the deed, too.

Read more
9/23/13, 11:57 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Only those on deed can sell.

Read more
9/23/13, 12:06 pm
Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Only if his name is on the deed also.

Read more
9/23/13, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now