Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Real Estate Question- Two men approached my home and stated that they have bought the house. However, the house was never put up for sale. He said he bought the house next door and this one at 1394 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, New York. I went to the District Council Office and they said that the house is listed as my mother's Norma Armstrong. If he approches me again, where can I find a lawyer? I would need legal aid help.

Asked on 2/01/12, 4:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he shows up again, call the police.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/12, 4:36 pm
Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since you are in New York City, you can see the deed to your house online. Go to,


Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now