New York  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/16/13, 8:48 am

My husband was a taxi driver and away before he could report his 1099, file his back taxes and current ones. I applied for my children (3) social security benefits. But, I was told that I cannot qualify because my husband never filed his taxes. My question: Can I as his lawful wife file his back taxes & reapply for the social security benefits?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search