Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I have a cause of action against an estate but the estate has not been opened yet and there is no executor - no will. The potential heirs are not interested because the estate does not have assets. However, I have an interest to obtain access to the property to correct some issues damaging my property. I have been told that even if I go to court to have a public administrator assigned so I can sue the estate I might not get it because there is no money in the estate to pay the administrator. Others tell me that a court is compelled to assign a public administrator in this situation. Who is correct?

Asked on 9/13/13, 6:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court will assign the Public Adm.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now