Legal Question in Constitutional Law in North Carolina

I know it is illegal for a public body to pray in the "name of" a certain god, but IF I SAY "I ASK IN JESUS' NAME" after they have said amen, am I breaking any laws?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

That is not exactly true. It is actually not legal for government groups or government affiliated groups to require payer led by a particular religious group or directed prayer in the name of a specific group.

As an individual citizen, if after any prayer you want to say what you propose, you are perfectly fine. Now if you are the person leading the meeting or otherwise with authority, you are acting in your position and not as a private citizen.

It is always fine to say as you have proposed, but discretion is the key if you say it after that is fine. Screaming it to force others to hear is not worth the trouble it could cause and could be seen as designed to cause a disruption.

John Mitchell Interaction Law

Further to Mr. Love's comments, you may want to consult the Baptist Joint Committee's website, for its guidance, here: http://www.bjconline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=15&Itemid=108

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in North Carolina