North Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/08/13, 7:51 am

Sallie Mae Loan Question.

Hello, I have been paying on a defaulted Sallie Mae Loan #11 for 2 and 1/2 years now to a collection agency, Integrity (816-335-6704) with no problems which was bank check electronically transffered each month.

Recently, I noticed that after receiving a letter from the collection agency(dated 3-19-2013) that my usual payment of $131.00 would be taken out on 3/29/2013. After a couple of weeks, I noticed the payment was still not taken out of my checking account and called to inquire. I was told that the account was transferred back to Sallie Mae (no apparent reason given). I was also told by the collection agency that they could no longer talk to me about the account and referred me directly to Sallie Mae.

After several phone calls I was told a "Cease and Assist" has been applied to my account at Sallie Mae. Noone at Sallie Mae would tell me "who" requested this and would not send me a copy of the written request.

My question is 1) Don't I have a right to a copy of written requests supplied to Sallie Mae and 2) What are my rights concerning Integrity Collection Agency in turning this account back over to Sallie Mae when I have been paying?

I should also say that my mother co-signed on this account and I have inquired with her as to IF she requested the CEASE and ASSIST and she did not, stating why would she do this if I was already paying?


Sherry Adkins(Darnell)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search