North Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Sallie Mae Loan Question.

Hello, I have been paying on a defaulted Sallie Mae Loan #11 for 2 and 1/2 years now to a collection agency, Integrity (816-335-6704) with no problems which was bank check electronically transffered each month.

Recently, I noticed that after receiving a letter from the collection agency(dated 3-19-2013) that my usual payment of $131.00 would be taken out on 3/29/2013. After a couple of weeks, I noticed the payment was still not taken out of my checking account and called to inquire. I was told that the account was transferred back to Sallie Mae (no apparent reason given). I was also told by the collection agency that they could no longer talk to me about the account and referred me directly to Sallie Mae.

After several phone calls I was told a "Cease and Assist" has been applied to my account at Sallie Mae. Noone at Sallie Mae would tell me "who" requested this and would not send me a copy of the written request.

My question is 1) Don't I have a right to a copy of written requests supplied to Sallie Mae and 2) What are my rights concerning Integrity Collection Agency in turning this account back over to Sallie Mae when I have been paying?

I should also say that my mother co-signed on this account and I have inquired with her as to IF she requested the CEASE and ASSIST and she did not, stating why would she do this if I was already paying?

Thanks,

Sherry Adkins(Darnell)