North Carolina  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/11/13, 3:04 pm

In superior probation violation court, if I get a court appointed attorney. Then I want to fire them and hire my own attorney will the court date be continued and can I do that?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/11/13, 3:17 pm by Clarke Dummit

Probably not. Most Judges do not allow more than one continuance in Probation Violations and you had one to get the Court Appointed attorney. You need to hire now if you are going to.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office) 1133 West FirstStreet Winston Salem, NC 27101-2901

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search