Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

I was arrested for DUI in Sampson County, NC, but the breathalizer indicated that I was within legal limits so I was NOT processed, but the arrest is on my record. I want to have it expunged and hopefully without going to court. The Court Clerk was not helpful and indicated that she knows what form I need, but can't tell me because that would constitute legal advice. What do I need to do?

Asked on 11/21/11, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Here is a link to NCGS 15A-145 which deals with expungements:

Here is the link to the AOC forms which you will need to get a Judge to sign and send to the SBI:

Then when the review is completed by the SBI you need to schedule a hearing before a District Court Judge.

I would recommend that you hire an attorney. This procedure does require several Court appearances.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/11, 2:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now