North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/26/04, 7:52 pm


I was married back in 1987 ,we had i child during the time we were married.I filed for divorce in 1994,he never asked for visitation or custody of the child.We still saw each other years after,I ended up with 2 other children by him.He never asked for visitation or custody of them either.In fact, he asked for paternity test for the last 2 kids,when i asked for child support.The test were 99.99% he was the father, so he was ordered to pay.Still he never asked for visitation through the courts.I thought that they needed to be around there dad, so i would call and let him see them,when ever it was good for him.But, I have remarried a few months ago,and my new husband is from another state.Is there anything he can do to legally stop me from taking the kids with me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search