North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/13, 12:57 pm

My fiance has a divorce decree from the state of MO. Her and her ex husband lived there at the time but now we live in NC with the kids and I believe he is living in OK. He recently filed a motion to modify his child support and she was served with papers from the state of MO. Thats where his child support has been coming from, they garnish it from his wages when he has any. He is filing to pay less. We have gotten an attorney in MO, but now are finding out that we have to make the 12 hour trip, with the kids because there is no one to watch them and they are also going to miss school, to attend a court hearing. Is there not something we can do to not have to attend this hearing or have the jurisdiction moved? Considering that we live in NC with the children and he isn't living there anymore either? Please help, time is running out and I just don't know what we are going to do!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search