Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My fiancée and I live in pa, his ex lives in north Carolina with their two kids, she took them there after they split 3 years she is making it almost impossible to see the girls. Shes been in pa at least 3 times with the kids that we weren't told about but found out after the fact, she rarely answers her phone and it takes days to get calls returned. Do we have to get a lawyer in north Carolina for custody

Asked on 12/14/10, 5:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Bollinger Bollinger Law Firm PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the kids have lived in NC for the past 6 months, then NC has jurisdiction over custody. So yes, you would need a NC lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/10, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now