Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Out of wedlock wrights for father

The mother moves from Ga. to N.C,They have never been married.She filed for child support in N.c and a affidavit of parentage for child born out of wedlock was done and went threw the court system.Does that give the fauther legal rights to the child? The fauther still lives in Ga.

Asked on 3/14/03, 4:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Out of wedlock wrights for father

No, the father of a child born out of wedlock in Georgia must legitimate the child before he has any rights. The father in this situation must legitimate the child. This can be done in Georgia in the county where he resides. Feel free to contact my office for further consultation on this issue.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/03, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now