Legal Question in Military Law in North Carolina

i got caught with steriods during a health and comfort inspection, and now im facing a special courtmartial, should i get a lawyer and how would it help if i got one

Scot Sikes Law Offices of Scot Sikes

The primary reason you might consider retaining civilian counsel is experience. Military defense counsel are provided at no cost to you, of course, but they have varying experience levels. Should you desire to more deliberately pursue consideration of engaging civilian counsel, please feel free to contact me directly via email at scot@scotsikes.com, or via phone at (706) 494-6900.

William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

You should certainly have a competent attorney represent you. If you are at a special court-martial, a finding of guilty could result in a felony conviction which will be on your record for the rest of your life. You also could face up to a year in jail, reduction to E-1, forfeiture of pay and a bad conduct discharge. A good attorney can provide you with necessary advice about your options, assist you in trying to avoid a conviction or at least minimizing the sentence you may receive.

I hope this has answered your question. Please feelf ree to contact me directly at WJHLAW@cox.net or (757) 420-9321.

More Military Law questions and answers in North Carolina