Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Lost Job Due To Work Related Injury.

I was working for a temp agency. While working there, I sustained what I believe to be a repetitive motion injury at my first assignment. At first, the pain was infrequent, and didn't bother me too much, so I didn't complain. I didn't realize how badly injured I was. At my next assignment, I was working with stiff heavy fiber optic cable, and it made my injury much worse. I had gone to the Dr. and turned in a doctor's note to my supervisor where I was assigned. I was going to hand in a doctor's note to my agency, but before I could, my agency supervisor and my supervisor at my job assignment let me go because I was hurt. My supervisor wouldn't even move me. He claimed that there was no place to put me, but I belive this to be untrue because several people had quit, and the next day he fired a girl. I was never assigned another job, and am in danger of losing my apartment. Now I'm in constant pain, and have no money to get further treatment for my injury. I was wondering if I have a valid case so I can get a lawyer and take this issue to court. Thanks for your time.

George Lennon Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

Re: Lost Job Due To Work Related Injury.

You have what appears to be a meritorious case, perhaps two. You have a workers compensation claim for which you must file Industrial Commission Form 18 ASAP. (919) 807-2501 or (800) 688-8349 You may also have a Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act (REDA) claim which MUST be filed with the NC Department of Labor ASAP. (919) 807-2825 Call an attorney who practices in the area of workers' compensation law today. Statutes of Limitation are running which may bar your claims if prompt action is not taken. Good luck!

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina