Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle

My 15 year old daughter was hit by a car while crossing a street at a crosswalk. She was walking against the light. She suffered a traumatic brain injury, ruptured ACL and broken collar bone. What can we do??

Asked on 5/06/08, 11:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle

If your daughter did not have the right legal right to cross the street, then she is probably negligent, and she cannot recover anything. (I'm not referring to health insurance or any sort of disability or Medicare program. I'm addressing a claim against a third-party for negligence.) In view of these injuries, however, you should probably consult with an attorney who can look at all of the facts to determine whether she has a claim. I will be happy to discuss this with you or to direct you to an attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/08, 11:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now