North Carolina  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/17/08, 1:19 pm

Abandoment Order (couple separated)

I have a friend who separated from her husband four years ago (in NC). She never got a legal separation and now she wants to refianance her home. The closing attorney states that you need a quit-claim deed, but she doesn't know where he lives, etc. Is there a provision that allows her to execute the refinance without his signature if she can't contact him?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search