Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

have cousin living in a house I own - he's a drunk, is verbally abusive and is now throwing light threats around - I want him out. Do I have the right to do it? Have no idea what area of law this would fall under. Please point in some direction!

Asked on 6/21/10, 2:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you want him out permanently, go down to your county courthouse to see the Civil clerk and file a 50-C restraining order against him. When see the Magistrate request that he/she bars your cousin from re-entry into your home. Now this will only work if he is NOT on the lease or on the Deed. Best of Luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now