Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident

I rear-end somebody and was given a ticket for ''Failure to reduce spped to avoid an accident''. The office stated that if I bring a letter from my insurance company stating the other truck was repaired, that the might reduce or throw out the ticket. Is that true? I have never been to traffic court and I don't want to be caught by surpise. Should I get a lawyer? Do I need a laywer?

Asked on 5/30/07, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident

Bring the letter and the DA should dismiss it. If for some reason it is not dismissed, then ask for a continuance and find a lawyer. If you don't yet have the letter, ask for a continuance and bring the letter by the next court date.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/07, 5:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now