North Carolina  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/01/13, 4:32 pm

My dad died 10/1/2012 at 86. He left a will. My step mom filed for a years support, $20,000. She got the car, all his money (about $70k) with a lifetime right to the house. The will left his personal property & house to his children. Is the $20k to come out of the children's inheritance? It has been estimated the personal property is worth about $10k. Will we have to sell the house to satisfy this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search