North Carolina  |  Wills and Trusts

My father authorized one of his nephews to take care of all of his financial affairs (pay all his bills, ect). My sister and I think that this person may be stealing some of my father's money but we have no way of proving this or finding out if he really is doing something dirty.

Is there a way to monitor this person's activities without him finding out about it? What legal steps can I take to end this person's relationship with my father, even if he is not stealing? My father is in frail health and living at home. He has a Power of Attorney with his granddaughter but she is close to his nephew and they are working together in taking care of my father's estate. My father and I are not close and he left me "out of the loop" in dealing with his financial affairs, but I hate to see others take advantage of him. What can i do?