Ohio  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/28/03, 11:43 am

How do I respond to a Mechanic's Lein?

Recently I hired a contractor to do some work on my basement; we agreed on a $5000 fee (which I paid up front)but had no contract. The work was completed, but the contractor did a lot of damage to my home and yard (tracks & ruts in the yard, damage to the vinyl siding, destroyed trees, cracked concrete blocks on the house, etc.). When I sent a letter to the contractor inquiring about fixing the damage, he responded by placing a Mechanic's Lein on my property for $3500. Can he do this? And how do I respond? Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search