Legal Question in Business Law in Ohio

I am starting a small company with a friend that is going to donate a significant % (likely 50%) of sales to breast cancer research by selling my art. This is more than likely going to start very small, not generating much revenue. In the future, I plan to possibly donate all profits to the cause. I'm wondering what kind of documents I should consider filing. Also, could I file for tax exemption if I'm donating just a portion of profits? I've looked into a 501(c)(3) but am not positive that's what I need.

I plan to run this operation out of my home.

Asked on 1/17/10, 5:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vaseem Hadi Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on the limited info you provided, this sounds like a 501(c) non-protfit company. My office assists small business owners on such matters and very affordable rates. Please call me to discuss.

Vaseem S. Hadi


Read more
Answered on 1/24/10, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now