Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

my son is in county jail for aggrevated robbery. I spoke to the person he fought and was told a robbery did not occur. My son is on a $20,000 bond. Can this bond be increased once he goes to court? Can he be over indicted?

Generally the arraignment judge will keep the bond the same, or even lower it if your son has a lawyer and the lawyer makes a good case for lowering the bond (depends on charges, your son's criminal history, etc). Once your son is arraigned (appears before a judge, read his rights and pleads not guilty) a common pleas judge will be assigned and a pretrial date will be set. This probably already happened. The first pretrial should be within a week or two of the arraignment and will give your son's attorney a chance to talk to the prosecutor about the charges, the police report etc and see if there is a legitimate basis for the aggravated robbery charge. You can see if he's been arraigned by looking up under his name here: http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_NameSearch.aspx

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at john@johnforristal.com or call 216 592-8573.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio