Ohio  |  Criminal Law

my son is in county jail for aggrevated robbery. I spoke to the person he fought and was told a robbery did not occur. My son is on a $20,000 bond. Can this bond be increased once he goes to court? Can he be over indicted?

Answered on: 5/26/11, 7:03 am by John Forristal

Generally the arraignment judge will keep the bond the same, or even lower it if your son has a lawyer and the lawyer makes a good case for lowering the bond (depends on charges, your son's criminal history, etc). Once your son is arraigned (appears before a judge, read his rights and pleads not guilty) a common pleas judge will be assigned and a pretrial date will be set. This probably already happened. The first pretrial should be within a week or two of the arraignment and will give your son's attorney a chance to talk to the prosecutor about the charges, the police report etc and see if there is a legitimate basis for the aggravated robbery charge. You can see if he's been arraigned by looking up under his name here: http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_NameSearch.aspx

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at john@johnforristal.com or call 216 592-8573.

Attorney address not available