Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I'm dating an 18 year old, I'm currently 17, so there isn't an issue there, however my parents are divorced, my father thinks me dating him is illegal, which is just stupid, so when I visit with my mother I also visit him. My father seems to believe that if he goes to visit me at my mothers house and I'm not there, then the sheriff will go look for me, and they find me at my boyfriends house (which is somewhere he doesn't want me to be, he also has full custody), and when the sheriff finds me there he will then arrest my boyfriend and my boyfriend will be charged with kidnapping and statutory rape.

Asked on 8/13/13, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, the boyfriend would not be charged with statutory rape since the age of consent in Ohio is 16. He would not be charged with kidnapping because you were not taken against your will. But he could be charged with intereference with custody.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now