Ohio  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/13, 8:36 am

my daughter and granddaughter lived in Mo until a year ago. the childs father got a lawyer in mo and was awarded temporary custody of the minor child (3 Years old) because my daughter was depressed and had no job. she lived at home. she now has a job and is on medicine for depression. the child and her father moved to ohio and have been a resident for almost 5 months. my daughter got a lawyer in ohio but she still only sees her child every other weekend. her lawyer in ohio contacted the childs fathers lawyer in mo and the childs father refuses to drop the case in mo. his lawyer kept saying the case would be closed but the court said it is still open. can you please explain what can be done and why the case cant be closed. my daughter had a crappy lawyer in mo.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search