Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Vacation

My daughter has two children, one from a previous relationship and one from my marriage. Her husband and her are having some problems and she want to go see her Mom and two sisters in Florida and I live in Ohio. Do I have to have his permission to take my son on vacation? My daughters Dad already gave permission?

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: Vacation

I'm really trying to make sense of what you wrote here because you've described a family tree that doesn't have the proper amount of branches.

Anyway, let me just answer your question directly: unless a judge has ordered otherwise, you don't have to have permission to take your son on vacation per Florida law. You may laso want to check with an Ohio lawyer.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio