Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Emergancy custody

my daughter was taken from her mother because of her drug abuse in another state and I was given the right to pick her up and bring her back to my home. She is incarserated in the state of ohio now and I currently have all rights to my daughter.I work on the road 9 months out of the year and I have someone to take care of her for me while I'm gone during the week.This care giver needs legal rights to her also for school, medical,dental,and any other reasonable purposes. How can I give her these rights and keep primary custody?

Steven Martinek Steven Martinek Lawyer Ltd.

Re: Emergancy custody

Provide the caregiver with a certified copy of the document which established your sole custody. Also provide a Power of Attorney naming the caregiver as your attorney-in-fact for purposes of exercising your parental custody during your absence.

Robert Guehl Guehl Law Offices

Re: Emergancy custody

Ask the school system what they will require --usually a limited power of attorney to the caregiver will suffice. But it is best to ask and make sure what you do will be effective. A formal guardianship is not likely to be necessary.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms