Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Emergancy custody

my daughter was taken from her mother because of her drug abuse in another state and I was given the right to pick her up and bring her back to my home. She is incarserated in the state of ohio now and I currently have all rights to my daughter.I work on the road 9 months out of the year and I have someone to take care of her for me while I'm gone during the week.This care giver needs legal rights to her also for school, medical,dental,and any other reasonable purposes. How can I give her these rights and keep primary custody?

Asked on 12/21/03, 7:50 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steven Martinek Steven Martinek Lawyer Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Emergancy custody

Provide the caregiver with a certified copy of the document which established your sole custody. Also provide a Power of Attorney naming the caregiver as your attorney-in-fact for purposes of exercising your parental custody during your absence.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/03, 9:41 am
Robert Guehl Guehl Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Emergancy custody

Ask the school system what they will require --usually a limited power of attorney to the caregiver will suffice. But it is best to ask and make sure what you do will be effective. A formal guardianship is not likely to be necessary.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/03, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now