Ohio  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/29/04, 12:39 pm

Financial responsiblity for a child not my own

I live with a man who has residential custody of his 16 year old son. The boy has psychological problems and sometimes outbursts. (He punches things and has tried to hit people.) So far there have been no charges brought against him, but if he does hit, maim, or kill someone, am I legally responsible and can I be sued because I live in the house with him? I know his Father could be held accountable, but could I be? I have NO legal rights to this boy. He is taking medications (Wellbutrin and Abilify) and seeing a therapist. The boy's diagnosis is Asperger's syndrome.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search