Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

My husband recently passed away. What do I need to do to get his car title transferred into my name?

Asked on 1/03/10, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Hom Harold L. Hom Co., LPA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I assume that there is no car lien on the car. If you have a Certificate of Title, you need to take the Certificate of Title and a certified death certificate to your local Auto Title Bureau. The Auto Title Bureau will immediately transfer the car to you without probate after you sign an Affidavit confirming that you are the surviving spouse. You can do this for 2 cars only.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/10, 9:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now