Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

surviving spouse

My husband passed away 3 year ago next month. He didn't have a will so I had to go though probate court and pay his credit cards so I could buy the house. Probate is now closed. I just got a letter from the courts saying that I as well as my husband is being sued by the ambulance Companyl. Am I responible still for his debts.. My question is what is the statute limtations. No one can tell me how long the credits have to come forth at someone dieds..

Robert Rosplock Rosplock & Perez

Re: surviving spouse

This is not so much a probate issue as it is a marital issue. In general, each spouse is liable for necessaries, such as medical care, to extent spouse receiving the services cannot pay. It is too late to sue your husband, but not you. It sounds like the ambulance company might not even know your husband died, and may drop this if you advise them.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio