Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

If a couple has been married for 36 years, the husband cheats and moves in with the other woman and the married couple is not legally separated, and there is proof of cruelty and abuse during the marriage towards the wife - could the wife get alimony? Also, the husband has continued being cruel to the wife even after moving in with his new girlfriend.

Asked on 8/16/13, 8:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes the wife could probably get alimony. BUT, alimony is always awarded based upon one spouses's need and the other spouse's ability to pay. Alimony is awarded in a lump sum payable over a period of time.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now