Oklahoma  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/11, 9:52 am

Would a grown son who is borrowing a car from his parents be covered under the parents' personal liability umbrella policy? The son is a listed driver on the parents' auto insurance (State Farm). The son is not specifically listed on the umbrella policy (also State Farm). The son does not live with the parents.

If the son is at fault in an auto accident while driving the borrowed vehicle, and the accident results in the death of the other driver, would the parents' personal liability umbrella coverage come into play in the wrongful death settlement?

(This is not hypothetical. My father was the one killed in this situation.)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search