Legal Question in Employment Law in Oklahoma

Harassment in the workplace

Without making a big detailed description of my problem, I feel that I'm being singled out by the management of my company. I have full documentation of the many instances that I feel constitute harassment. Where can I turn to for help with my problem?

Jeff Lee Lee & Freedman, P.C.

Re: Harassment in the workplace

In Oklahoma, harassment in the workplace is not an actionable legal cause of action against the employer... unless, the harassment is based on your specific status or actions; for example, are you being harrassed because of your gender, race, religion, disability, or national origin? or are you being harrassed because you have complained about not being paid over-time, or reported the company to a state or federal agency? In order for you to be protected from the continued harassment, the "reason" for the harassment must be a violation of federal or state employment laws... otherwise, if the supervisor is just a horse's rear-end, there is no remedy in Oklahoma other than to look for another job.... this is what is known as "employment-at-will".

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Oklahoma

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms