Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

My 6yr old son was on top of basketball goal that the housing edition i live in has recently assembled for the children living in the complex. One of the children cranked the lever to raise the goal and my sons fingers were severed from the bar that raises the goal up and down. He was rushed to local hospital and lifeflighted to nearest pediatric hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. Part of his right middle finger was amputated and a bar was placed in his ring finger. We do not know yet if this finger will be alive or if we will have to amputate this one as well. He has been unable to attend school, and therefore i have been unable to work.

Wayne Allison Allison Legal, LLC

I suggest you consult with an attorney as soon as practical in consideration of your schedule. The injuries you describe are no doubt serious and permanent, and therefore seriously threaten to affect your son and family both in the short and long term. Detailed facts of the circumstances are necessary to understand if and to what degree liability should be assessed against the apartment complex, the basketball goal manufacturer, and/or the other child. It is reasonable to assume that the apartment complex and manufacturer have liability insurance for such matters, but it is unlikely to assume that either of them will voluntarily and proactively reach out to you in an effort to equitably deal with the matter and compensate for what your family, and especially your son, are about to have to endure.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma