Legal Question in Business Law in Oregon

Can the officers of a dissolved corporation be liable for corporations liabiliti

I was an independent contractor serving as CEO of a small corporation incorporated in Oregon. The Corporation had a client that purchased a product that was never delivered by the corporation's vendor. The client paid and so did this corporation. The Corporation has since been dissolved and the client is threatning to file a lawsuit against the dissolved corporation and the three officers(two of us were independent contractors not on any corporate paperwork). Can I be held liable and be sued for business ventures of the corporation?

Alexander M. Rosenfeld Rosenfeld & Stein, P.A.

Re: Can the officers of a dissolved corporation be liable for corporations liabi

You can be sued. The real questionis whether any real, viable claim exists. Based upon your statement, it probably does not.

More Business Law questions and answers in Oregon

Business Law Legal Forms