Pennsylvania  |  Tax Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/01/13, 7:08 am

If I received $10,000 worth of mutual funds as a gift from my mother, do I have to claim that amount as taxable income when filing taxes?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/01/13, 9:30 am by Scott Polsky

No. Gifts are tax-free to the recipient. If she made other gifts to you that year, your mother may have to file a gift tax return, but there is no tax to you. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at 215-367-5110.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search