Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

After being arrested for petty theft in P.A. the court told me I could get rid of the crime by going through a diversion program. The judge said if I did the 10 hours of community service the crime goes away like it never happened. I found this information to be false because the arrest still shows up on my record. Is this falsifying information. Do I have a case against the court. Had they not told me this i wouldn't have continued my schooling to become a teacher because i would have known there is no way to get a teaching license with a record.

Asked on 10/17/13, 7:24 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No they were describing ARD and yes even the arrest records are purged. If they haven't someone other than the judge screwed up.


Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 7:31 am
Ellis Klein Young, Klein & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on which county this happened in. Most counties do not expunge automatically and you would have to file a motion to expunge to clear your record. Just because the charges are dropped does not meet you have no record.

If you let me know which county this happened in I can better advise you.

Ellis Klein, Esquire


Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 10:50 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Have a lawyer look at the court record. The charges may have been withdrawn but Expungment is a separate procedure depending on the county. If you had a lawyer that could have been gone over then. It is not too late. Call me at 215-370-2608 to discuss. Good luck b you in your future.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now