Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

if cop didnt tell me i can have an attorney present while he treated me unfairly to make me answer what he wanted answered, what can i do about that.... and if someone said some thing about me that doesnt have any thing to do with what ever was goin on with that guys case is that arrelvent to the case.. and the cop was threatn me with all this stuff, and i dont kno the law like that bc i dont get in trouble.. last time i got in trouble was when i was 16??

Asked on 5/16/13, 2:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ok, the Supreme Court say you have to be informed as to your rights to keep your mouth shut and have a lawyer. Exactly when the police have to do it isn't as clear cut. That said If you knew you had a right to an attorney just ask. There's no requirement you got to be informed of your rights be fore you can ask. So while you might get your statement suppressed. It would have been easier to just shut up.


Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now