Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

what should i expect to happen now if i was arrested and the police found a scale and empty baggies in my car and im 17

Asked on 7/10/11, 8:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ellis Klein Young, Klein & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to tell your parents and get a lawyer as soon as possible so that he can contact the police to find out some information. Scales are typically evidence of drug dealing and you would want to avoid Felony charges if you can. At best it is possession of paraphernailia which is a minor Misdemeanor. At worst, it is Intent to Deliver. The good news is that it would be in juvenile court so you would not necessarily go to jail, but you could face detention, community service, treatment etc.

You need to tell your parents and get a lawyer as soon as possible.

If you have any questions I can be reached at 215-639-5297. I am a former Prosecutor and I've handled over 5,000 cases.

Best of luck

Read more
Answered on 7/11/11, 4:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now