Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

Law Term

What is meant when the term ''migrated disposition'' is used? I was looking at the Allegheny County web docket sheets and I see under the disposition/sentencing penalties section that term ''migrated disposition.''

John Gibson John W. Gibson, Esquire

Re: Law Term

I'm going to have to admit that I do not know. I've been seeing that in the Pennsylvania Docket sheets for a while now and even in cases where I've represented the Defendant, I haven't been able to figure that out.

When I first saw it I thought it had something to do with out of state defendants but I checked a case that I had with a defendant who was from out of state and curiously it says Judge Migrated. I'm not sure what that means either. My best guess is that it is an administrative term to indicate that another event is scheduled or with the out of state case that I just checked, that the Judge was not yet assigned at the time of the docket entry.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania