Pennsylvania  |  DUI Law

Non-Traffic Citation/Summons -- Underage Drinking ...

I was recently given a non-traffic citation/summons in the State of Pennsylvania for ''purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor or malt or brewed beverages.'' As an underage college student I blew a breathalyzer of 0.07. What is the severity of this citation? I feel horrible about it, however, many people seem to think its not a problem at all.

How do I handle this citation? Do I plead guilty and pay the associated fine ... if so how much of this remains on my permanent record, as I would like to apply to medical school? Or do I find a lawyer and attempt to get this reduced? I would like to take the fastest and easiest course of action. Do I go speak with a judge? I will be given no help solving this from my parents so I need to find all the information I can. Any help would be appreciated.