Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania


Are these public record? How can I find out the specifics of one, before further getting to know someone that I met.

Asked on 6/18/08, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Narcisi Narcisi Law Offices, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: PFA's

Yes, PFA's are generally available. You can go to the Prothonotary in your county and look up your friend in the index. Once you have a case number you should be able to look at it and copy the contents. If your Prothonotary is online and records are available online you could do it from home on your computer.

On occasion a Judge will seal the record if there are special circumstances (wealthy people). Criminal records are now available statewide online as well, including Magisterial District Judges offices.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/08, 7:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now