Pennsylvania  |  Military Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/08/09, 12:22 am

Awol from marine reserves for 10 years

I started college the same day I came back from MOS training. I had a track / cross country scholarship which required that I attend meets on the weekends. I had to miss drills and but also missed meets trying to satisfy my coach and the marines.

In the end I lost my scholarship and got in trouble with my unit. After loosing my scholarship that snowballed into a whole mess of personal family issues. I even attempted to make up some drills missed. I realized after my brief experience with the reserves that it was not for me. I did enjoy the military while I was on active status so I requested active duty and to be properly trained. I even had the air force recruiter at the time help me change branches so I can receive the training I wanted.

After I found out I lost my scholarship and could not afford the school I went to drill and found out my name was not on the roster. I was not even scheduled for AT. After my request was denied for active duty I stopped going to drill. I got an internship and started to go to another school.

I tried taking on too much when I was not ready and I ultimately failed. I want to know what are my options. Itís been nearly 10 years and this issue has always been in the back of my mind.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search