Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

me and my friend were fixing his motorcycle the other day. as i was reving the engine and switching gears he accidently let off the back brake. the bike took off draging me with it about 20 feet into a neighbors fence. nothing wrong with fence except it pushed out a little at bottom. didn't report the accident because most of damage was to me and bike. a little skid mark on ground in grass and fence was fine. neighbors are now trying to tell me they have to dig out the fence and fix it and said they need to make a police report. how much liabilty am i responsible for and is my friend responsible for a non driving accident being no one drove the bike

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

The issue is not who drove the bike, but rather who was "negligent" or "at fault" in causing the bike to damage the neighbor's property. I'm a little unclear on the facts, but from your description it seems your friend bears the responsibility, or was at fault. If your friend has insurance for the bike, the ins co may cover the damage. Another possibility is if you or your friend are covered by a homeowner's or tenant's insurance policy, that ins co may cover the loss. Also, if the neighbor has homeowner's or tenant's insurance that ins co may cover the loss.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania