Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

Article of agreement

I am considering a home purchase by an article of agreement and want to know what I should be aware of in terms of property taxes and home insurance

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

Re: Article of agreement

I don't know what an "Article of Agreement" is. I do not recommend any home or other real property purchase except by an agreement of purchase/sale, with title insurance and settlement services provided by a recognized title insurance company. At the settlement, the seller signs and delivers a deed transferring title to you, and you pay the purchase price and other adjustments and buyer's closing costs. You may also take a mortgage loan for part of the purchase price. The mortgage documents are signed at the same settlement.

You should consult a real estate attorney in the county where you are buying the home to assist you. This is a major investment for most people, and you should get legal representation to protect your interest in the home and your investment.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania