Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

I have a house with an ex wife I wish to have my name removed from the morage i have not lived in the home since 1996 would a quit claim deed work for me or is there another way to do this?

Asked on 9/15/09, 10:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Berman Law Offices of Michael A. Berman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The ownership of the property (deed) and the obligation to repay the debt (mortgage) are separate...when were you divorced and why wasn't anything done about the property at that time?

Mike Berman

Read more
Answered on 9/20/09, 8:27 pm
John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The document you want your name off of is the Promissory Note. Its the paper the obligates you to pay back the loan.

The only way to do this is to have your house refinanced in her name only.


Read more
Answered on 9/21/09, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now