Pennsylvania  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/25/12, 6:47 am

I have RA, Sjogrens, and lupus, all of which are active. I feel I need to quit my job and apply for disability. I cannot stand up for more than 10 minutes without pain, and I cannot sit very long, either. I walk with a cane. I'm on a lot of medications which make me very tired. I am a single mother with no savings. I did not opt for short or long term disability through my employer because they denied my claim last year when I had emergency surgery due to all of my pre existing conditions. So, where do I start? Do I quit my job, find a lawyer, and apply for diability? What do I do for money for food, rent, utilities, etc in the meantime? Please help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search